26 July 2018
The official website of Finopolis reveals the business programme of the Forum. The events of the business programme will take place in the Main Media Centre of the Sochi Olympic Park on 18–19 October.
The opening ceremony of the Forum will begin with the address of the Governor of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation Elvira Nabiullina. The business programme will open with the plenary discussion ‘New Competitors and New Alliances: Fintech as Driver of Competitive Market Development’, dedicated to the impact of technological development on the alignment of forces in various sectors of the economy and public administration. On to the second plenary discussion ‘Data: New Oil?’ the participants will discuss the resource value of data accumulated and originated by business, consumers and the state.
The Forum will continue with key topics:
- Open banking: pros and cons
- The age of AI: profits vs. ethics
- Fast payment: the world and us
- The regulatory ‘sandbox’: a game without rules or the rules of the game?
- Digital tools for microfinancing
- Capital markets: did the robots win?
The first day of the business programme also holds the finals of the Fintech Start-up Contest and a series of TEDx format talks.
Plenary discussion ‘FinTech as Platform: From Pilots to Real Solutions’ will open the second day of the business programme and will be dedicated to the use of technologies to meet the actual needs of business.
The programme will continue with pitch sessions of the Fintech Start-up Contest finalists, the awards ceremony, and the topical sessions:
- Standards for digital financial services
- Homo technologicus. Who is it?
- FinTech and Legislature: Getting Closer Together
- Cyber security: digital immunity
- RegTech and SupTech: development trends
- InsurTech novelties: new model of customer relations
The Finopolis Youth Day will be held on 17 October, the starting day of the Forum. The day offers workshops and lectures by leading Russian and foreign technology experts, Fintech Battle among student teams where they will work on real case studies. Winners of the contest will receive awards from the Organizing Committee and partners of FINOPOLIS 2018, and will meet the leaders of major Russian banks and IT companies.
The Bank of Russia with the support of the Roscongress Foundation is the organizer of Finopolis 2018.