24 August 2015
On 17-18 September 2015, FINNOPOLIS 2015, the first Kazan Forum of Innovative Financial Technologies, will take place in Kazan, capital of the Republic of Tatarstan.
The mission of the Forum – to facilitate the introduction of advanced information technologies in the Russian Federation financial sector.
The Forum promises to be the highlight event of the year in the field of digitalising financial markets – It will serve as a platform for discussing at a professional level all issues related to using digital technologies in financial markets, as well as for demonstrating new solutions and capabilities, and discussing global trends in both software- and hardware-based solutions.
There is every reason to expect that the Forum will become Russia's premier trade show in financial markets digitalisation and, over time, the leading international event in this field as well. A separate Forum objective is to showcase and support start-ups in the financial markets digitalisation sector.
The first FINNOPOLIS Forum will cover such topics as:
- how the government and the business community view the prospects for introducing advanced information technologies in Russia's financial sector;
- global trends in developing information technologies;
- design and services of the Bank of Russia's future payment system;
- regulating remote client identification and authentication via an Integrated Identification and Authentication System (IIAS);
- the prospects for using SNILS (Russian individual insurance account numbers) as a common form of ID for Russian citizens in financial markets;
- organising online access to government data for financial sector enterprises for assessing credit risks and other client risks;
- countering cyberthreats;
- approaches to cutting regulatory red tape in complying with Federal Law No. 115-FZ and preparing reports to regulators through introducing new technologies and data transfer formats;
- going paperless in financial markets;
- setting up remote channels for distributing financial products;
- using Big Data in the financial sector; and much more.
The Forum's roster of featured speakers includes: Elvira S. Nabiullina, Governor of the Bank of Russia; Rustam N. Minnikhanov, Acting President of the Republic of Tatarstan; Nikolay A. Nikiforov, Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation; Herman Gref, CEO, Chairman of the Executive Board, OAO Sberbank of Russia; Wan Biao, President, Huawei Russia; Evgeniya Zavalishina, General Director of Yandex Data Factory, member of the Board of Directors of Yandex.Money; and Anatoly Karachinsky, President, IBS Group; as well as other government officials and representatives of the Russian and international financial services and IT sectors.
The Forum is intended for:
- executives and specialists at financial sector organisations in charge of building business processes and IT security functions, and developing product lines and remote distribution channels, anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-terrorism financing measures, and in-house legal services and payment services;
- representatives of the hardware and software industry in the area of financial markets solutions;
- representatives of consulting firms providing business analytics and IT security services.
The Bank of Russia and the Government of the Republic of Tatarstan are the joint organisers of the Forum.
The Forum venue is at 35 Derevnya Universiade [Universiade Village] Street in Kazan.
For the full Forum programme, please click here
General Partner of the Forum
General Media Partner of the Forum